Wednesday, August 29, 2007

August 7, 2007 - White Bear Lake, MN...






The good times were definitely rolling at Saints North skating rink tonight. Round and round in counter-clockwise fashion, we had a reunion on wheels tonight. Mom and dad hosted a wonderful "Welcome Home, Lynn and Dave" party for us at their weekly roller haunt, and it was a blast.

I was absolutely floored at how many folks showed up to strap on some skates and go for a spin. Friends, family, offspring were all in tow.

Much to my absolute delight, I got to see some long-lost friends. I hadn't seen Kyle in six years. I hadn't seen Lance in probably eight or nine years. And that Dave was there to meet everyone and put faces to names and stories was priceless.

Many of you know that my parents skate many times a week and are really REALLY good on the rink. Pictures of grace out there. Don't know how we're related in that sense, as I'm just focused on not skating over anything or anybody ahead of me when I'm wheeling around. But it sure is fun to watch.

Thanks, mom and dad, for a great night!

No comments: