Thursday, September 20, 2007

September 6, 2007 - White Bear Lake, MN...



Girl meets boy. Girl and boy move to Amsterdam and make great new friends. Girl meets said friends in her hometown...a small town five thousand miles away.

Carly and Bas stopped by my folks' house on a random crossing of paths. It was totally strange and completely cool all at once.

After a wonderful conversation sesh with Carly, Bas, Scott and Judy, I couldn't help myself but to take them (especially Bas, who is Dutch) to visit the local Pannekoeken Huis (for those of you unfamiliar, P.H. is an American suburb take on Dutch food and culture...complete with windmills, plastic tulips, and lots of pancakes).

I could almost hear the faint distant voices of waitresses past..."PAN-nekoeken! PAN-nekoeken!"

(Janae, I think you know what I mean.)

No comments: