Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And hats off to the players...







All right...a public rave about all the players at our wedding is long overdue.

For those of you who couldn't be with us that day, all of the live music (with the exception of the accordion / violin duo at dinner) was played or sung by friends of mine. Everything was perfect. From "I Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" sung by John with violin by Kerri during the ceremony, to Jason singing "With a Little Help From my Friends," to Jenn singing "Rainbow Connection," guest vocals by Marcus, Sara, Sue, and Zanny, Gerakos surprising me with "Edelweiss" (so glad you finally learned that one, Marcus!), the Matrimonial Singers, "Closer to Fine," "Hava Nagila," Arthur setting the mood during the cocktail hour, hearing Logan on the sax again, and the rhythm section of the band just generally being super sweet, I can't thank all my musical friends enough for sharing their immense talents with us!

I have been abundantly blessed by the musicians I have known and played with in my lifetime. In addition to sharing music, we have shared laughs, tears, and great conversations over the years. I am honored to call you all friends.

Those of you who live near any of these players...go support these artists! Buy albums, go to shows, keep an eye on them. I'll post their links or MySpace information in a future blog so you can see where they're playing and what they're up to.

I am in awe of all of you, friends! Thank you for lending heart, soul, fingers, and vocal chords to our big event. I miss playing with you and can't wait till we can do it again.

If only we could've kept playing that night...blasted sound ordinances!

Love,
L

p.s. - YYZ rocked. All the way to Chinatown.

No comments: